The market is flooded with products that are supposedly good for your skin, which may whiten them or may de-tan them or may moisturize them, so on and so forth. But there is a big drawback to these creams as a majority of these products are filled with chemicals and may do more harm to your skin in the longer term. There are certain ‘fruits’ of nature which themselves have the nutrients and the capacity to make your skin better and healthier and the best part is, they have no side effects! Here I have listed a few foods which can help you get fabulous skin!
- Chocolate: Yuss! Our beloved chocolate does not only help increase our cholesterol (sic) but it also can help you get better quality and glowing skin. The cocoa present in the chocolate has the ability to hydrate your skin and it makes it more firm and supple. The ‘flavanol’ present in the cocoa helps it do so. You need to eat chocolate that is at least 70percent cacao. Just two squares of pure chocolate squares might do the trick!
- Yoghurt: There is protein present in your regular dairy products. But according to scientists, there is double the protein content in yoghurt. And it is this protein that helps in the moisturization process of your skin. Just consume a small bowl of yogurt on a regular basis and it’s sorted.
- Walnuts: Walnuts contain the good ol’ omega 3 fatty acids which in recent times has been proved to be extremely important to our body growth. The thing is, our body cannot naturally produce Omega 3-fatty acids but walnuts contain loads of these fatty acids and it really helps in maintaining the natural quality of your skin.
- Oatmeal: A preferable breakfast food, oatmeal is filled with fibre that forms an essential part of our daily diet. Oats have vitamins which are harder for the body to break down and this helps to keep your blood sugar stable. Scientists say that unstable body sugar level can increase stress level and eventually may cause your skin to wrinkle. And also oats are exceptional in healing damaged skin.
- Green Tea: The much hyped about type of tea, the green tea does have some perks on consumption. There is a high level of antioxidants present in green tea which reduces redness of your skin and also reduces the inflammation.
- Kiwi: Kiwifruit is loaded with Vitamin C and nearly 120% of your daily needs in one medium kiwi. Vitamin C stimulates collagen synthesis, which keeps skin taught and smoothens fine lines.
- Carrots: Consumption of carrots can give you a natural glow. It has carotenoid which is supposed to give your skin more of a yellow tone, hence giving it a glow.
- Pomegranate: Pomegranates are filled with anti-oxidants too and according to scientists, the level is more than that of green tea! So again, these antioxidants may reduce redness and inflammation of the skin.